Rick Riordan's Trials of Apollo Series

 

https://pictures.abebooks.com/inventory/30830603745.jpg 

      Over Winter Break, I finished the last book in the Trials of Apollo Series by Rick Riordan. In this post, I will be talking about the complete series.

 

Super Brief Summary:

    Apollo is kicked out of Olympus because Zeus blames him for starting a war with Gaea (who is the Primordial goddess of the earth). Zeus transforms Apollo into a mortal and gives him the name Lester Papadopoulos. Although Lester can still see through the mist, which disables normal mortals from seeing gods, monsters, and other supernatural things, he is not given any powers. Lester joins with demigods from both Camp Half Blood and Camp Jupiter. They need to defeat 3 evil roman emperors that have become Immortal, rescue people they have captured, and fight the monsters they brought into the world.

My Opinion:

    I must say, I was not expecting too much from this series, so I was surprised to find an abundance of action, excitement, and comedy on every page. I mean, the very first scene of the first book is Lester falling out of the sky into a dumpster. What a great way to start a 5 part series! Through epic battles, great victories, and heart breaking losses, my eyes were glued to the pages, wishing they would never end. However, I was satisfied with the final ending, and happy I made it through the series.

This is an easy 5 star. ☆☆☆☆☆

Important Note: Before reading this series, It is essential that you have read at least the complete Percy Jackson series beforehand. The author assumes the reader already knows about many things which he went over in the Percy Jackson series.

Thanks for reading!

-Pieter

 

Comments

  1. Great post Pieter! I loved the Percy Jackson series but haven't had time to start HoO. I really want to read this series so will try to read HoO first. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a fan of the original Percy Jackson series, I had heard a lot about this book but never got around to reading it. This series sounds so interesting though, and I definitely want to give it a try! Overall, this was an excellent and well-written post, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Article Pieter! I too have to admit that I loved this series along with the books leading up to it. I completely agree with your review and also recommend this series to anyone who loves Percy Jackson.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post Pieter. Like you and Deven, I too really enjoyed this series and many of Rick Riordan's other books. Lester falling into the dumpster at the beginning was definitely a funny moment in the series. In agreement with many other readers, I too recommend this series to my fellow Percy Jackson fans out there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really liked this post Pieter!! Like what other people are saying I was also a big fan of the series and read them all when they came out. At first I was a bit skeptical as to if I would like them or not, after reading Heroes of Olympus my expectations were pretty high, but I can definitely say that this book met them and would agree with you on the 5 star rating.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job Pieter. I have only faint memories of reading this book a long time back. It was really interesting to read back then, and I bet it will be just as interesting to read now. I'm thinking of picking up this series again, as it was a lot of fun before. Rereading it will probably make me remember the rest of the story or make me feel some familiarity with it. Thanks for the reminder Pieter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good review Pieter, when I was little I actually read the series and really enjoyed it. I'm happy to see someone do a review on this series, and think that it is worthwhile to read.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the review Pieter! I have also read the trials of apollo series and all of the other rick riordan books, and agree with a lot of what you said. As someone who had read the other books before I don't know just how necessary it actually is to read the whole Percy Jackson series first, but knowing the characters and background info definitely enhanced the books and made them more fun.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Last Goodbyes

American Born Chinese by Gene Luen Yang

Out Of Thin Air: Running Wisdom and Magic from Above the Clouds in Ethiopia by: Michael Crawley